BBA, MBA, PH.D.
WELCOME TO THE HOME PAGE OF
Government has gotten too strong. Government has forgotten right from wrong. Our government lacks dignity, discipline, and ethical behavior. There is no honesty in government, no honor, no integrity and, above all else truthfulness is badly lacking; yet, these are minimum standards of excellence necessary for a nation, its leaders, and its citizenry to foster and support if greatness is to be gained, and maintained. We are wrong to have allowed it! We have entrusted our affairs of state to the wrong people. We have allowed big business, big labor, big government, big churches, plus domestic and foreign monied interests, to buy and pay for life-long professional politicians, ones who work only to better themselves, ones who work only for more personal power and more personal money as they remain in office year after year, decade after decade, corrupting themselves and this once great nation. Many states within the United States (WV) have been run by the same political families and friends for ninety (90) of more years. We must stop it! These life-long professional politicians work only to empower themselves while not working for us. This governmental abuse of power and position runs rampant within our states and throughout our nation - and beyond. I am doing my part to stop it by attempting to take the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Jay Rockefeller (D. WV) in the election of November 4, 2014: Tom Coyne (L. WV). Help me. Join me: (1) DO NOT reelect any U.S. House of Representatives person having 12 or more years in the House; (2) DO NOT reelect any U.S. Senate person having 12 or more years in the Senate; (3) DO NOT allow government bosses or your church or union or business or other "boss" however defined to continue to ruin this nation by telling you what to think, how to vote and for whom. Do not continue to ruin this country for yourself, your spouse, your children and your grandchildren. Please!
More about the USA's self-proclaimed 'Ruling Class'- in existence through conspiracy of Democrat Party/Republican Party financiers - will be published here shortly; meanwhile, Demand Freedom From Fear; Demand Freedom From Want; Demand Freedom to Speak Your Mind; Demand Freedom to Worship God; Demand Respect For God and God's Name; Practice Personal Responsibility, Integrity and Honesty; Promote Loyalty to Family and Friends. Throughout it all understand this fact: FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
At Coyne and Associates, Inc.:
How we do what we do: Thomas J. Coyne, is dedicated to dignity, discipline, ethical behavior, honesty, honor, integrity and, above all else, truthfulness, minimum standards of excellence necessary for a nation, its leaders, and its citizenry to foster and support if greatness is to be gained and maintained. No nation is on top if its leaders are not.
Market conditions currently (post 11/6/2012 elections) dictate taking your business firm private, avoiding public financing and refusing to allow government employees who manage government pensions to vote government held (not owned) common equity proxies and move American companies to foreign shores. Using government mandated, government employee pension money (common equity), government employees are instructed by elected government persons to pursue the practice of voting themselves, their families and political allies onto the boards of directors of various corporations and/or place American business firms under government control (General Motors, Chrysler, CitiGroup, Bear Stearns, etc). After appointment to each formerly privately-owned Board of Directors, these government appointed people vote as instructed (1) to reelect the Ruling Class (no non-government sponsored person has any chance whatever of being elected to a U.S. Senate seat or a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives), and (2) to vote in favor of all socialist government policies/objectives. This procedure is known as fascism, a sophisticated form of socialism developed inititally by Benito Mussolini. Adolph Hitler loved and used it also.
EACH SENATOR (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) MUST QUICKLY ADDRESS AND RESOLVE THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
(1) Education, The Number One Problem in America: We spend and have spent many hundreds of billions of dollars on education; yet, our children do not measure-up to national and/or international standards. They cannot read, cannot write, and cannot count. When a person does not read and does not write s/he does not count! Every child in America has a right to count! We have paid to insure that right, but our money spent on education represents a major misallocation of resources, failing to produce expected/promised results. Worse yet, In Ohio, for example, the County Treasurer(s)/Fiscal Agent(s) ignores each of four rulings by the Ohio Supreme Court declaring current taxation of real estate for use in public school education unconstitutional. Government 'officials' (our employees) thereby: (A) show disrespect in the extreme for our Supreme Court; and, (B) Government 'officials' by self-exempting themselves from Supreme Court rulings tell 'common folks' that 'commoners' alone are required to abide by Court rulings. Government 'officials' who exceed the power and position of their office(s) in this manner are guilty of criminal offenses, by definition, and must resign or get impeached and be jailed; yet, Government-employed persons who self-exempt themselves from illegal behavior are allowed to continue in elected and appointed office. Northeast Ohio Cuyahoga County Commissioner Jimmy Dirmora is harshly confined (federal prison, West Virginia) for far less serious violations of trust than County Fiscal Agent(s) collection of real estate taxes in violation of Ohio Supreme Court rulings!
(2) An Amendment to the U.S. Constitution must be passed as follows: "No government or governmental unit shall impose a tax of any sort on the primary residential property of any citizen in the United States of America." Once a family pays his/her mortgage s/he owns the property outright! Privately owned residential houses DO NOT belong to government to tax as government sees fit! Currently ALL homeowners who live a normal lifespan pay more to government in real estate taxes than they paid for their houses.
(3) Massive financial grants in the hundreds of billions of dollars annually go from the United States of America to foreign governments. This kind of payment is a financial disaster and MUST be curtailed, eliminated entirely in many if not most instances. The hundreds of billions of dollars we grant and/or loan to Iraq, Iran, Israel, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, Germany, France and numerous nations MUST stop! Money saved by taking charge of our international grants, gifts and "loans" must be reallocated. Military forces and money spent to maintain our troops in Europe and Japan and Korea and elsewhere must be brought home and reallocated within our fifty states (50, not 57). We must take care of ourselves before we attempt to care for others throughout the world.
(4) A stock market index of 14,000+ is unsustainable. Recent growth in equity indexes is caused by two related events: (1) death of the bond market and related disastrous taxpayer financed bailout in connection with General Motors feigned bankruptcy which denied interest and principal bond payments to GM bondholders; and, (2) government employee pension fund(s) concentration on and therefore demand for equity purchases for the purpose of having government employees vote proxies in favor of selected government membership(s) on various Boards of Directors, thereby assuring business support of socialist government programs by seemingly privately owned publicly traded firms. This later practice is deceitful, deceptive and dishonest and known as "fascism;" yet, it worked well for more than a decade of turmoil for Benito Mussolini and Adolph Hitler, costing in excess of sixty million (60,000,000) innocent lives."NAZI" translated means "National Socialism." Hitler/Mussolini lost the battles but won the war?
(5) Abortion. Sixty million innocent lives are estimated to have been lost during World War II, mostly in Europe and the Far East. Innocent lives in greater number are being lost today in the USA. The largest percentage of children killed today are American Blacks. Unborn children are dying daily in the USA, eliminated by abortion. See fiftieths. Click here to learn of 55,000,000-60,0000,000 abortion deaths in the United States of America, 1973-2012. Planned Parenthood bought and paid for most of them with money provided by the USA's federal government.
(6) Second Amendment RIGHTS. Alleged "gun control" efforts by government persons is nothing more than additional efforts at "people control." Guns do not and have never killed people: People kill people! Al Gore cited Ruling Class plans: "We shall control everything that moves." Our Ruling Class, the Democrat Party and the Republican Party have joined hands and attempt to turn our Constitution of the United States of America, the greatest document ever reduced to writing, into nothingness. Our Ruling Class is allowing the United Nations to assume 'rights' granted only to Congress and only by our Constitution. Members of Congress are responsible only to We the People! We are in deep trouble and in this current struggle to be free again we need educated and dedicated Black Americans in particular to understand the magnitude of what the Ruling Class is doing to them, and to all persons of color and to whites. Meanwhile, our borders are NOT secure. Why not?
(7)Income Tax. Our multi-thousand page "tax code" must be rescinded, scrapped. In its place we must institute a tax law that says a flat percent of total receipts of every person shall be paid to run the government. This tax rate might be one percent (1%) or ten percent (10%) or some other percent BUT IT MUST (no exemptions) be paid by everyone: all households and businesses to include currently tax exempt firms/organizations; however, no citizen of the USA aged 80 or beyond and who has lived and worked in this country for most of his/her life shall pay any income tax whatsoever. S/he has paid and done enough! Short term EVERYONE ELSE MUST PAY INCOME TAX! Long term the USA can return to its roots, its history of about 175 years during which time NO income taxes were paid by any citizen.
(8) Health Care. Senator Ted Kennedy (D), Massachusetts, led the fight against creation of new medical schools. We NEED, WANT and DESIRE additional medial schools. Each person capable of being a physician (M.D.) and desirous of being a physician (M.D.) should be a physician! Supply and demand determines price and quantity of every service. When the supply of physicians increases to a level appropriate for demand for physicians, the price (cost) incurred per physician will seek and obtain equilibrium automatically. Interference by government into individual and personal medical decisions by federal, state or local 'officials' is harmful to medical care of quality. As with attempted gun control, the ObamaCare scam is designed only to control people! ObamaCare has nothing to do with improved health care. ObamaCare must not be allowed to succeed. Creation of new medical schools is the solution to health care costs in the long run; allowance for legal immigration of existing physicians (Cuba?) is the short run solution. It is really that simple; yet, government could play a useful role in medical care by limiting frivolous legal action(s).
(9) Language/Immigration. American ENGLISH must be declared the "official" language of the United States of America; after all, immigrants to this country MUST be able to communicate. Communication between and among citizens is vitally important.
(10) Monetary Policy/The Federal Reserve System. Americans have no idea how the economy works because they are taught nothing of our economy in school; thus, the Federal Reserve System can announce and, perhaps, be believed by an economic/finance deprived citizenship, wrongly, of course, that current policy of holding interest rates at or near zero and continuing to do so until unemployment reaches 6.5 percent is helpful to the aggregate economy. Nonsense! The interest rate is an incorrect variable to consider at this time. Concentration on the interest rate is outright wrong! The current Fed policy of pursuing and artificially enforcing low interest rate allows administrative appointed personnel to hide the real problem: the marginal efficiency of capital! Ben Bernanke claims employment will increase because of low interest rates when, in fact, aggregate employment NEVER increases solely because of a decrease in interest rates. If interest rates are 10% for example but the marginal efficiency of capital is 20%, businesses would fully support an interest rate of 10%! One of two things: (1) Bernanke knows and understands the marginal efficiency of capital quite well but chooses to ignore it, or (2) Bernanke has no clue concerning the marginal efficiency of capital. In either event current Fed policy under his direction is contributing mightily to the demise of the domestic American economy. We need at once a new Chairman of the Federal Reserve System! Our economy is a disaster and is being grossly mismanaged - and with the worst yet to come. Without Senate action concerning our Federal Reserve System it is difficult to judge the magnitude of our upcoming recession. We MUST control our monetary policy and our fiscal policy. Neither is being controlled currently.
The John Maynard Keynes Investment Multiplier. How a Current Tax Cut of $1.00 Results in a Change in Income of $4.00: Employment, Output and Income increase because of 'The Investment Multiplier'! Basic Facts:
Biography: Financial economist Thomas Joseph Coyne is a native of Wheeling, West Virginia, a graduate of Central Catholic High School.
Thomas Joseph Coyne earned his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
degree at Case Western Reserve University (Economics/Finance), his Master of
Business Administration degree (MBA) from Kent State University
(Management/Finance), his Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA) from
Marshall University (Accounting/Economics).
He completed his postgraduate work at the
As a full-time undergraduate student at Marshall University,
Dr. Coyne worked full-time as a brakeman on the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad,
graduating in three years time. He
worked full time as industrial credit manager for The B. F. Goodrich Company
while a graduate student at
Professor Coyne spent the bulk of his professional career teaching graduate and undergraduate courses (MBA) as a tenured full professor of finance and/or business economics at fully accredited (AACSB) universities. He has traveled extensively throughout Russia and Eastern Europe to include Latvia, Croatia, Western Europe, and the United States, lecturing and presenting papers in finance and economics. He has negotiated countless multi-million dollar contracts for scores of American Boards of Education, has created and served as executive director of several foundations in the United States and Europe. Coyne grew financial and real assets for one group from only eleven dollars to $6.0 million before leaving.
Tom has been an active member in his church, in church institutions, and has published at least ten books or monographs, plus about one hundred peer-reviewed articles to be found in many academic & professional journals. His Arbitration Awards are published. Many written contributions have appeared in newspapers and online. Coyne is an arbitrator and mediator, serving from the lists of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. He completed the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon for Cancer Research (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006), and had a weekly one hour 50,000 watt call-in talk radio show broadcast simultaneously in Cleveland, and Youngstown, Ohio. Tom is an honorably discharged U.S. Army combat infantry veteran, having served with L Company, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division, Sandbag Castle, Korea, receiving the Korean Service Medal with 2 Bronze Service Stars, the United Nations Service Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB), the Good Conduct Medal, a Letter of Appreciation signed by Kim Dae-jung, President of the Republic of Korea, and The President Syugman Rhee Memorial Association 60th Anniversary Korean War 1950-2010 Medallion.
Tom sought the U.S. Senate seat Ohio (I) being vacated by Howard Metzenbaum, 1994. (Howard Taft (R), Ohio Secretary of State denied Coyne placement the Coyne name on the ballot claiming inability to read 11,000 (approximately) properly prepared signed and printed petition signatures).
Tom sought the Office of Governor of West Virginia (I), 2004. Joseph A. Manchin (D), WV Secretary of State refused to provide Coyne with appropriate petition forms subsequent to which in Wheeling Federal District Judge Frederick P. Stamp, Jr. declared from his bench WV violated previous Federal District Court orders requiring WV to provide proper petition forms, that WV should have provided Coyne with proper petition forms, but in his untimely written Award Stamp reversed himself and found in favor of WV. U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Hubbs Rehnquist was at his residence outside Washington, D.C. studying Coyne’s appeal of the Judge Stamp “award” the night Rehnquist died subsequent to which Tom heard nothing further concerning his appeal.
Thomas Joseph Coyne, Ph.D., was formerly married to Patricia Anne Smith, R.N., of Huntington and together they proudly raised their five children, all of whom are college-educated and married. They are: Kathleen Anne Bergh (University of Akron), Karen Patricia Volpe (The Ohio State University), Kevin Thomas Coyne (The Ohio State University), Kenneth Joseph Coyne (University of Akron), and Thomas Joseph Coyne, III (John Carroll University), respectively. In addition, Tom and Pat have twelve grandchildren.
Professor Coyne maintains a home in Bath, Ohio, USA.